mardi 11 septembre 2007

Abeille charpentière

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

ah ha..now I understand...

just how big is that bee? as big as your thumb? as big as a grape?

Anonyme a dit…

I do not speak french...what does the name of your blog mean?

Helvelles hirsutes?

Nuage fiché qui rêve a dit…

Once the wings are open, her (its ?) width can be near the length of my thumb. (I have small thumbs)
As big as a grape, yes. I like them, they are very "photo friendly", as most of their bee cousins anyway.

My english is not exactly fluent, but I'm glad you ask this question about the meaning of Helvelles hirsutes. Helvelles are a kind of mushrooms, and "hirsutes" is an adjective that applies mostly to hair. Wait a minute... I found the translation in my little dictionary : dishevelled.
Is there such thing as dishevelled mushrooms ? I don't know. I like words starting with an H for blog names, actually I wanted to keep the H H thing since my audio blog is called Huppes et hyalites. Huppe, among other things, is a beautiful bird : http://tinyurl.com/ysek7o
that I had the pleasure of encountering for the first time during a recent stay at a friend's place in the south west (I guess these birds don't go north as far as Bretagne) ; and hyalites are stones, semi-precious maybe.
Huppes & hyalites > http://huppeshyalites.blogspot.com/

Nice to meet you, Switchsky
I look forward to browse your blog further...

Anonyme a dit…

it's very quiet around here...have you been sleeping?

Nuage fiché qui rêve a dit…

Hey ; nice to see you again Switchsky. Yes you woke me up actually.
How are you ? What's new on your beautiful blog ? I go have a look :o)