dimanche 1 juillet 2007

Witches and devils


2 commentaires:

SOTISE a dit…

this reminds me of the carved rocks clustered somewhere off the coast of brittany.
grotesque phantom heads, animals atc
do you know that place, the rocks were carved by an apostate priest
i dont remember his name.
but they are mentioned in roger cardinals definative art brut texts.
along with other environments, le facteur cheval ,the watts towers and so on.
this is looking great freddy, did you shoot these rocks.
in effect your camera has shot them into nightmare shape eh.

Nuage fiché qui rêve a dit…

Hi Sotise
The carved rocks of Rothéneuf are the work of l'abbé Fourré who initially intended to make portraits of the Rothéneuf family.
Would you believe that I never saw this place, in spite that I was born in the same town (Rothéneuf belongs to the agglomeration of Saint-Malo) and that I now live just a few kilometers far from there. And I call myself an Art brut amateur ! Amazing, ain't it ?
I always tell myself I will go there the next day, and... I think the english word is procrastinous. The last time I was in the area I only bought postcards for I was with family members who were not willing to go. Funny how indigenous people disdain their home "treasures"
http://www.saint-malo.net/saint-malo-rotheneuf.htm

yes I shot these...trees, or what used to be trees. It's called "brise-lames" and it's there on the beach of Saint-Malo (the place of the biggest tides in Europe), in purpose of breaking the big waves. Some close-up can be nightmarish indeed